Zimbra has published a new update for Zimbra Mail Server & Collaboration Suite, Zimbra 5.0.22 and Zimbra 6.0.5. This is the first update since VMWare acquired Zimbra. I would like to test it to see whether status & logger problem on Zimbra 6.0.4 has been officially solved or not.
I’m currently testing Zimbra 6.0.5 64 bit installation on SLES 11 64 bit, using Xen Hypervisor Guest (paravirtualization). The installation went smooth with only a few modification on SLES as describe below :
- Install SLES on text or server mode to prevent any unused services
- Edit your /etc/hosts so it will looks like below (change 127.0.0.2 with your Zimbra IP, mine is 192.168.0.31) :
127.0.0.1 localhost 192.168.0.31 hostname.domain.tld hostname
- Add sysstat package using YAST | Software | Software Management or by usingÂ Zypper. Zimbra need another package such asÂ cron, fetchmail etc, but the installation process has installed all of them by default.
zypper in sysstat
- Set your DNS soÂ A and MX records address will point toÂ Zimbra. I’ve published an article regarding DNS Server configuration to meet with Zimbra Requirement.
- Disable PostfixÂ :
service postfix stop chkconfig postfix off
- Download Zimbra binary installer
cd /opt wget -c http://h.yimg.com/lo/downloads/6.0.5_GA/zcs-6.0.5_GA_2213.SLES11_64.20100202233758.tgz
- decompress, run the installation script and then follow the wizard
tar -zxvf zcs-6.0.5_GA_2213.SLES11_64.20100202233758.tgz cd zcs-6.0.5_GA_2213.SLES11_64.20100202233758 sh install.sh