Indonesian openSUSE Community (openSUSE-ID) monthly meeting #14 was held on Saturday, February 28, 2009 at Grha Pemuda & Olah Raga (Youth & Sports) building,Â Senayan Jakarta.
About 30+ members joined the meeting and discuss some agenda as planned before. Below is the summary :
- OpeningÂ & introduction by Muhammad Yamin as openSUSE-ID Leader for 2008-2009 (I’m community leader for 2007-2008). Some members are new and it was the first time they joined the meeting. The introduction also important as ussualy some of new members came from different city outside Jakarta and they have different background. We asked them or they told us (what’s different, it’s vice versa 😛 ) about the reason why they used openSUSE. It might be important because their main reason will addressing some good point about openSUSE and we could make it as a promotional and marketing tools for another
- Planning for Active Directory and File Server community training. We plan a new community training in April 2009 after successful community training about implementation Zimbra Mail Server onÂ December 2008. Community training is a good event for company who planned for openSUSE implementation or for anyone who need a good assistance about implementing open source app in their company or their work place. It’s also a good important because the event give us some cash for community donation 🙂
- Novell lays off issue andÂ and the effect for openSUSE project (according to Zonker and board member-Pascal Bleser and Bryen Yunashko-blog post)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise live preview
- Presentation by Muhammad Edwin Zakaria (Medwinz, openSUSE member) about kernel implementation on openSUSE. He also discuss some workaround according to openSUSE 11.1 problem, e.g : CD/DVD writer could not be recognized by openSUSE 11.1, bluetooth problem, sound problem, etc). His presentation (in Bahasa Indonesia) could be reach here and here
- Presentation by Edy Purwanto (openSUSE-ID team) about KDE 4 implementation on openSUSE, including a step-by-step installation and workaround for dependcy problem. Presentation (also in Bahasa Indonesia could be reached here : KDE 4.2 on openSUSE.
- Presentation by myself about Apache Virtual Host on openSUSE. Tutorial in Bahasa Indonesia availabe at : Tutorial Instalasi & Konfigurasi Apache Web Server + Virtual Host pada openSUSE. Online tutorial available here and here.
At the end, we discuss about planning for openSUSE-ID Hack Fest II on April 2009. Hack Fest will be dedicated for increasing openSUSE tutorial and increase the wiki content. We will discuss later on our milis about this matter.